Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default try again

=if(Datedif(max(datecleaned,datemailed),today(),"y ") = 1,"Due","No")

Tom Ogilvy

Jim wrote in message ...
I have a database for a carpet cleaning business.I want to be able to
send
out reminders if has been over a year since I last cleaned a person's
carpet. But I DON'T want to send out a "year notice" a month after I

just
sent one out(A year and a month out).

Each row has: Date of service, First name, last name, address, date of
mailing.

I want to be able to have another column that will alert me if the

latest
date of mailing is over a year old. Then I will know it is time to

mail
reminder again. Obviously if I service a person's carpet six months

after
last mailed them a notice I want the alert column to "change" to alert

me
when it has been a year since I last serviced their carpet NOT since I

last
mailed them a notice which was earlier.
I hope this is making sense. Thanks for any help. Jim

For example:
I don't want to send John Smith a reminder because the first job for him

is
well over a year old. But the most recent is 2/25/2003. I need a formula
that will look at each name and find the latest date for either service or
mailing and see if is over a year old. Is there a formula I can put in

each
row that will check for each name to find the most recent service or

mailing
date.

Datecleaned
FirstName
LastName
Address
Amount
DateMailed
Alert

2/1/2002
John
Smith
1103 W 4th
$ 100.00
2/1/2002
No

3/14/2002
Bob
Anderson
567 Riddle Ave
$ 50.00
4/1/2003
No

5/12/2002
John
Smith
1103 W 4th
$ 250.00
5/12/2002
No

6/14/2002
Corky
Newhall
204 Washington
$ 75.00
7/5/2003
No

8/25/2002
John
Smith
1103 W 4th
$ 100.00
8/25/2002
No

9/15/2002
Jim
Johnson
1267 Loaner Blvd
$ 65.00
9/15/2002
No

12/23/2002
Corky
Newhall
204 Washington
$ 280.00
12/23/2002
No

2/25/2003
John
Smith
1103 W 4th
$ 350.00
2/25/2003
No

4/27/2003
Matt
Bucko
542 Alpine
$ 125.00
4/27/2003
No

6/28/2003
Bob
Anderson
567 Riddle Ave
$ 85.00
6/28/2003
No

Formula In Col G
=IF(DATEDIF(MAX(Datecleaned,DateMailed),TODAY(),"y ") = 1,"Due","No")