Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sib sib is offline

Default KB article - 06125: [dbnetlib][connectionopen] error

OS: Win2K
Excel version: 2000
SQL Server Version: 7.0

I'm attempting to test this code exactly as describe in
this article:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 306125:
HOW TO: Import Data from Microsoft SQL Server into
Microsoft Excel

I followed the steps here exactly. I selected "Microsoft
ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library" at the step of
referencing the ADO Object Library. Upon executing the
macro, I receive the following error at the line of code
where it attempts to open the connection:

cnPubs.Open strConn <--- line where error occurrs

The error message is, "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect
()).]SQL Server
does not exist or access denied."

The SQL Server is running for a fact. Anyone else ever
encountered this or know how I can resolve this error? I
have full permissions to the SQL server to which I'm
attempting to connect to. Please help.

Sib
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sib sib is offline

No sooner did I post this message than I realized the
problem. I didn't change "(local)" in the "DATA SOURCE="
reference to be the machine name with SQL server. Sorry,
I'm a halfwit sometimes :(