Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What does this do?

Rnum is the index for a loop structure

MROW is the number the user entered in the inputbox plus 10.

So if the user entered 1130, it is the number 1140.

so this repeats a set of coding statements MROW times. On each increment,
rnum is incremented by 1. In this case, the first time rnum equal 1, the
second interation, it equals 2 and so forth until it equals MROW when it
loops the final time an continues on with the remainder of the code (after
the Next statement).

for rnum = 1 to Mrow

' do some action on each row
if rnum mod 2 = 0 then
rows(rnum).Interior.ColorIndex = 4
end if
Next

the above colors each even row green as an example.

Tom Ogilvy

"RH" wrote in message
I'm working on an Excel project and ran across this code
snippet:

###########################
temp = InputBox(prompt:="Enter the Number of the last row
shown on the screen (i.e. 1130):", _
Title:="Length of File",
Default:="2000")
If temp = "" Then
MsgBox prompt:="Convert Data Procedure
Canceled."
Range("a1").Select
Exit Sub
Else
End If
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
MRow = CSng(temp +
10) 'Converts temp from string to
number
counter1 = 0
For Rnum = 1 To MRow

So, in this case....What is RNUM? I don't understand
the "= 1 TO MROW" here.

Can someone elaborate please?

Thanks!
Bob