Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2K Com Addin DLL in Excel 97?

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to use a COM Addin DLL I built for
Excel 2000 in Excel 97. I doesn't seem to work at all (no
error message, nor does the menu icon appear) in Excel
97. I use a registering macro in VBA to register the COM
Addin when the excel file is opened. Registering the COM
Addin doesn't seem to have any effect at all on the
behavior of Excel 97.

I build this COM Addin according to the HOWTO at:

url=/library/en-us/dno2kta/html/comaddins.asp

In the same page I found:

"In Office 97, an Office application has to load a VBA
Addin in order to load a COM DLL. The VBA add-in
references the COM DLL within its auto open routine or
open event, and the VBA add-in sets a public reference to
a class in the COM DLL."

I dont quite get the meaning of that. I have been unable
to find other references on the subject either.

Any pointers?

Thanks for your time,

C.