Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel version compatibilities

Hi there,

Will there be any difference between excel 97 which runs
in Windows 98 and excel 97 which runs in Windows
2000/2002?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheela Wonder... :)

For normal excel vba or functions there are no differences.

There may be differences if you're planning to use API functions,
(for advanced programmers' use, they interact directly with the OS)

keepITcool

"Wonder" wrote:

Hi there,

Will there be any difference between excel 97 which runs
in Windows 98 and excel 97 which runs in Windows
2000/2002?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How would I know if it using API functions. Actually,
this file was created by another person and I'm
simplfying it.

Thanks,
sheela

"Wonder" wrote:

Hi there,

Will there be any difference between excel 97 which

runs
in Windows 98 and excel 97 which runs in Windows
2000/2002?

Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheela,

Api functions are always listed in the top of a module
and you'll recognise them by the "declare" keyword

They look like:

Private Declare Function GetClipboardData Lib "user32.dll" ( _
ByVal wFormat As Long) As Long

Most of these (90% ?) will function without problems in either
win98 or win2k, but there may be differences (in most cases
with stuff written for win2k that wont function on win98)

keepITcool