Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel in SourceSafe ???

Where do people keep their spreadsheets and macros?
Is it possible to use Source Safe for this?
We want to store them in a safe place and control check-
in/check-out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am aware of SourceSafe, but I use StarTeam. The concepts, however,
are very similar. The specifics may be different.

When I first develop a VBA application, I save it with a "good" name,
then ADD it to my configuration software. With StarTeam I get to assign
a "label" and provide a comment about the revision I am "checking in."
When I need to revise the app, I perform a "checkout" of the current
version. Getting the current version is automatic.

So, daily routine is, checkout, perform code changes and testing, then
checkin at the end of day. I always use a label, such as Rev 1.1, Rev
1.2, or BETA 0.1, etc. I also ALWAYS use the comments to describe what
changes are in the code. This has saved my bacon more than once.
If I need to revert to a previous revision, I can perform a checkout
using the correct label.

This works like a charm for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Just my .02