Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 97 File Name is Saved as a Number?

We have a VBA macro that reads-in HTML tables and puts
them on a tab in an Excel workbook. At the end, we do a
Save As and it generates a Microsoft Excel numberic file
and then quits. It does not take our name?

Works fine in Excel 2000
Does not work in Excel 97

We tried the service packs for Office / Excel 97 and that
did not help at all.

Anybody have any clues on this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is your line of code. xl97 doesn't support

Thisworkbook.SaveAs "filename", Fileformat:=xlHtml

if that is what you are doing.

Tom Ogilvy

Joe C. wrote in message
We thought that too, but it is even on a laptop that has
no protection. Also, works fine in Office 2000 version of
Excel.

Joe C wrote in message
We have a VBA macro that reads-in HTML tables and puts
them on a tab in an Excel workbook. At the end, we do a
Save As and it generates a Microsoft Excel numberic file
and then quits. It does not take our name?

Works fine in Excel 2000
Does not work in Excel 97

We tried the service packs for Office / Excel 97 and

that
did not help at all.

Anybody have any clues on this?

Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This caused an error for me in Excel 97:

Sub tester1()
Workbooks.Open "c:\readme.html"
Set objDestWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook
objDestWorkbook.Save
End Sub

since the document is html, just doing a save, since xl97 doesn't know how
to save as html, fails. At least that would be my take on it.

Tom Ogilvy

Joe C wrote in message
Sub createSpreadSheetFromHtml(ByRef asFileNames() As
String, ByRef asNamesForSheets() As String, ByRef asTitles
() As String, ByRef asFormatting() As String)
Dim i As Integer
Dim sFileName As String
Dim objDestWorkbook As Excel.Workbook
Dim objCurrentWorkbook As Excel.Workbook
Dim sThisFileName As String
Dim dblDebug As Double
Dim sFormatting As String
Dim iUniqueOrder As Integer