Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel

Hi there

I am trying to insert data on the first column in a
sheet , this row named 'Name', i noticed somthing that the
cell after the header is empty and the inserted data
follow it , is there any way to eliminate this empty
cell , i am using ADO.net to insert data on the excel sheet

e.g
A b c
Name
[empty cell] - I want to eliminate this cell.
Data1
Data2
Datan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As you probably already know, INSERT INTO places the new row at the
bottom of the range and you can't use DELECT at all with Excel. How
about using UPDATE? E.g.

UPDATE [Sheet1$] SET Name='New Name' WHERE Name IS NULL

Best I can come up with, I'm afraid.