Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default not pulling down formulas

Hi,

If anyone knows an alternative to pulling down 30 columns
of formulas through 10,000 rows of new data, please,
please, please let me know.

Regards, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thank you for responding. To clarify, I am bringing in
5,000 - 10,000 rows of data calculated from another
sheet. The existing data goes through column "AN", the
formulas I have been pulling down make new calculations
from the data in columns "A" - "AN". The column I am
pulling the formulas down to is initially empty except for
the first rows, which have headings and one row of
formulas from the previous data.

If I understand you correctly, I would change A2 in the
macro to the first cell address that I would need to pull
down formulas, "AM11"? The last column with formulas to
pull down is "CS". That is "AM" through "CS" are all
being pulled down.

Please advise.

Regards, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you don't have any data in column AN. (although you said there
is).

If you do have data in AN11 (with no blank cells) and it goes below row 11,
then either method should work.

If you don't, then you the non code method won't work and the code would
have to be told specifically how many rows.

Sub Tester1()
Range("AM11:CS11").Copy _
Destination:=Range("AM11").Resize(10000, 59)

Tom Ogilvy

_______Tim_______ wrote in message
Tom,

You are right, 59 is allot different than 30. At first I
was most concerned about the first thirty columns. When I
run the macro I get a

"Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-
defined error"

in the line

Range("AM11:CS11").Copy _
Destination:=Range("AM11").Resize(rng.row-10, 59)

Also, I have tried the double click on the lower right
square and it does not work in my Excel 2000 Professional.

Please advise.

Regards, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure what you mean by too large.

It can be done a column at a time

Sub Tester1()
Dim numRows as Long
Dim cell as Range
numRows = Activesheet.Usedrange.rows.count - 10
for each cell in Range("AM11:CS11")
cell.copy Destination:=cell.Resize(numRows, 1)

Tom Ogilvy

_______Tim_______ wrote in message
Tom,

You are right again. Column AN is used to update data and
with the update some of the formula results to the right
will change. Sorry about that. I just don't know what
information you need to know. Besides, I put data in
column AN and tried to run the macro but the area is too
large. Could this be accomplished one column at a time
and then the next column etc.?

Thanks again.

_______Tim_______ wrote in message

If anyone knows an alternative to pulling down 30
columns
of formulas through 10,000 rows of new data,

please,
please, please let me know.

Regards, Tim

.