Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatically Determine last row and column

Paul

Dim lrow As Long, lcol as Long

lrow = Cells(Rows.COUNT, "A").End(xlUp).Row
' change to what ever column you want.

lcol = ActiveSheet.Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft).Column
' change to what ever row you want

--
sb
"Paul Hastings" wrote in message
Hi -

I am trying to automatically generate a Pivot Table from data that has

been
pulled into a worksheet from a database. The data always starts in R1C1,

but
the extent is variable. Here is an example:
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"SP1a!R1C1:R6897C21").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="",
TableName:= _
"PivotTable1"

Its the "R6897C21" part I want to fix. How can I determine the last row

and
column that has data in it so I can change this based on my actual data?

Thanks,

Paul Hastings
Principal Computer Scientist
Jorge Scientific Corporation