Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Separating Data

Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this:

16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385
3900 CHESTNUT/6178

I need to separate out the 4 diget code after the /...so
it's in a column by itself. Can you help me with the code.

Thank you.

DaveB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I'm not sure you need code, try this

Make sure you have a blank column next to your
range then:

Select your range containing the data
from the menu choose Data - Text to Columns
choose Delimited and hit next
under the delimiters heading choose Other and
type in a "/" (without quotes)
hit finish

Dan E

"DaveB" wrote in message ...
Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this:

16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385
3900 CHESTNUT/6178

I need to separate out the 4 diget code after the /...so
it's in a column by itself. Can you help me with the code.

Thank you.

DaveB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Using cell A1 as an example.
Two ways (there are others).....
If it's always the rightmost 4 characters.......
=RIGHT(A1,4)
If it's always the 4 characters after the slash....
=MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)+1,4)

John

DaveB wrote:

Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this:

16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385
3900 CHESTNUT/6178

I need to separate out the 4 diget code after the /...so
it's in a column by itself. Can you help me with the code.

Thank you.

DaveB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave

Select your column and choose Data, Text to Columns. Click
OK for the first screen. Choose Other separator on the
second and enter / in the check box.

The slash is removed and the data is separated.

Regards
Peter
Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this:

16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385
3900 CHESTNUT/6178

I need to separate out the 4 diget code after the /...so
it's in a column by itself. Can you help me with the code.

Thank you.

DaveB

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can use the following formula:

=right(A1,4) in the next column and drag it thru 4000 rows

hope it helps

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming