Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB Editor doesn't "recognize" open workbooks

Hello,
I am trying to add code to a workbook, but when I go into
Visual Basic editor, the workbook doesn't appear in the
project list. My existing workbooks with code appear
fine, but workbooks without code do not appear. I have
Excel 2000, recently moved from NT4 to XP. Other things
I've tried/noticed:

If I try to record a macro (i.e. force the addition of a
project), I get an "Unable to record" error.
If I right click on a worksheet tab and select "View
Code," it takes me to the VB Editor, but the workbook is
still not there.
If the VB Editor is open, I can't open a new workbook (no
error message, just nothing happens).
I looked at the list of add-ins, and none of them are
checked. However, none of them had titles such
as "Visual Basic for Applications" or anything that
intuitive, so I didn't know which, if any, might need to
be installed.

I'm at a loss. I'm hoping it's just a checkbox somewhere
in Options that I can't find, but I've exhausted
everything my limited knowledge knows to try. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Lee