Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB Editor doesn't "recognize" open workbooks

Hello,
I am trying to add code to a workbook, but when I go into
Visual Basic editor, the workbook doesn't appear in the
project list. My existing workbooks with code appear
fine, but workbooks without code do not appear. I have
Excel 2000, recently moved from NT4 to XP. Other things
I've tried/noticed:

If I try to record a macro (i.e. force the addition of a
project), I get an "Unable to record" error.
If I right click on a worksheet tab and select "View
Code," it takes me to the VB Editor, but the workbook is
still not there.
If the VB Editor is open, I can't open a new workbook (no
error message, just nothing happens).
I looked at the list of add-ins, and none of them are
checked. However, none of them had titles such
as "Visual Basic for Applications" or anything that
intuitive, so I didn't know which, if any, might need to
be installed.

I'm at a loss. I'm hoping it's just a checkbox somewhere
in Options that I can't find, but I've exhausted
everything my limited knowledge knows to try. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Lee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian,
Thanks. Is that something that should be available from
Add/Remove Programs? When I looked there I didn't see
anything that looked like "VBA." I did notice "Digital
Signatures for VBA Projects" and "VBA Help" both of which
are installed.
If VBA wasn't installed, would I still be able to access
the projects that were created before we migrated to XP?

Thanks again for the help.

Mike