Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tricky Conversion Problem.

If you want someone to describe how to get a daily cost and then allocate
the cost across the days of the month's included in the Start and End Dates,
then you have provided enough. If you are looking for code or worksheet
formulas, then people would probably need to know specifically how you data
is laid out and in what cells/columns/rows.

Tom Ogilvy

"Damien Evans" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I have something of a problem with a fairly technical set of
worksheets I'm currently developing.

As per the original design brief, the financial summary of the sheets
is all done on an annual basis, though this has been changed at the
11th hour to involve monthly reports of budget spend.

The data I am provided with from clients is the start and end dates of
service use and the cost of service use.

From this data I calculate the cost per week and multiply by the
number of weeks of service use (a figure given by the start and end
dates) to get a full service cost.

The problem is, I'm not of a successful method to break down the total
cost into a monthly total or how to assign those monthly totals to the
correct calender month in the budget reporting sheets.

I hope I've given enough information, and doubly hope someone can
help!

Thanks,
Damien.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is precisely the solution that I require.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Damien.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
If you want someone to describe how to get a daily cost and then allocate
the cost across the days of the month's included in the Start and End Dates,
then you have provided enough. Regards,
Tom Ogilvy