Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What are the System Tables named "Print Area" & "Print Titles"?

Print_Area and Print_Titles can be set by the user manually using Page Setup
under the file menu.

The are found as defined names (insert=Name=Define).

They are not defined by default that I am aware of. The MySheetName is not
a defined name - it may just be displayed as a table of the used range for
the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"dan" wrote in message
I Have an excel 2000 Sheet which I need to connect to
through ODBC and read data.
The only way I can see the sheet is when choosing system
tables.
Also there are three system tables which are all the same
sheet:
1. Mysheetname
2. Mysheetname$Print_Area
3. Mysheetname$print_titles

Can anyone explain how are these other sheets generated?

Thanks,
Dan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is your worksheet set up like a table, with field headers in the first row
and you data arranged below?

I really haven't used ODBC to read an Excel file, but I would expect that if
it is offered as a table by MSquery (assuming you are using MSQuery), then
it should work if your data is set up like a table.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan" wrote in message
Thanks Tom!!!!
You really saved me...
But do you know how come the original table name that I
have say "Myname", dosen't read anything when I connect to
it through ODBC?
Does this mean That If I want to use the original name of
my sheet in the ODBC connection, than I have to define it
as you explained below?

.