Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Do I need Excel installed to use excel objects from VB6?

Do I need to have Excel installed (ie. Office/Excel) on a
client computer to be able to use VB6 to instantiate and
use the Excel object library?

Thanks in advance,

WayneM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wayne,

Yes, you'll need Excel installed.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"WayneM" wrote in message
Do I need to have Excel installed (ie. Office/Excel) on a
client computer to be able to use VB6 to instantiate and
use the Excel object library?

Thanks in advance,

WayneM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wayne

Yes you do. You can't redistribute the olb's and even if then they would be
worthless without the application.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP