Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keep running total of mult. inputs

I am trying to create a form that can keep a running total
of dollars entered into a certain category. The form would
have a drop down list of "cost categories." Usually, only
one cost category would be used each time the form is
used. However, I would like to keep up with how much has
been entered into each category as the form is used. Is
there a way to track the dollars entered on the form for
each category each time the form is used?

e.g.

1st time form is used:

A B
1 Category Amount
2 Whatever $100

Then the form is printed out for distribution.

2nd time form is used:

A B
1 Category Amount
2 Whatever $150

Is there a VB program or something that can tell me at
this point that as of this 2nd time, $250 has been
allocated to the "Whatever" category without just having a
really long list of every transaction? Is there some way
to keep a running total of that category each time the
form is accessed? By the way, a different category could
be selected each time the form is used.