Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default password char in input box

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't had
much luck in my search so I'm going to post it anyway.

I have some buttons in my workbook that are used for
approvals, and part of the code requires the user to
enter a valid password. Currently the user just enters
this in an input box, which is fine - except of course
that this means anyone looking at the screen while they
do this will see the password they're typing. I looked
up ways to 'hide' this value, but it looks like you can't
use this in an input box.
1) Is that correct?
2) If correct, what have people used for workarounds?
(It has to be something that won't add much to the file
size, as this thing is already way too bloated - not
because of coding, but because the users 'need' 17
million items in there and can't give any of them up...)
<-- Sorry, don't mind my griping!

By the way, no one has complained about this matter but
it just bothers me....

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Shar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shar,

You can make your own form instead of using the inputbox
Then all you need to do is put on a textbox and change the
textbox's PasswordChar property to whatever you want.

Dan E

"Shar" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dan and John.

I hadn't ever created a userform before - I've been just
creating objects on my first worksheet and manipulating
those - but I just tried this and it seems to work fine.
(Now if it will just work on all the various user setups
we have here, I'll be happy!)

Thanks again

.