Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default month calendar

Our boss asked us to fill a report every month where we set the time on
different projects (for billing purpose).

He gave us a template where they are lines with the projects and columns
with days. When a day is on the weekend, he must have grey background and no
calculation (time total).

As you can guess, the weekends changes every month, so every user copy the
existing previous month, and takes 15 minutes changing the report, removing
existing weekends and placing new ones.

Would it be possible, by setting the name of the sheet (say 1/2003) to
automatically fill this report to match the weekends of january 2003 ????

I'm new on Excel programming (I'm a Delphi programmer), so any code would
greately be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BoB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

You are best to open the template and do the following - its only required
once to do this:

Assuming the dates are in cells B1 to AZ1, and the number of projects will
not exceed 100:-

Select the range B2 to AZ100.
Select "FormatConditional Formatting"
In the "Condition1" box select "Formula Is"
To the right of the Condition1 box, enter the following (cell B2 should be
the active cell)
=or(weekday(B$1)=1,weekday(B$1)=7)
Click on the Format box and select your colour
"OK" your way out back to Excel.

--
XL2002
Regards