Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Return value of excel when exit

Hi,

I have used sometimes displayalerts = False, so i don't
get any messages while running my macro's. Now I want to
improve my application so that the alerts will be written
to an external file. After running my macro's i can view
that file.
After improving my application the display alerts must
stay false, so i don't get any messages from excel.
Is this possible??

Thanks for helping me,

Michel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<< Now I want to improve my application so that the alerts will be
written to an external file.
You could go part way on this by using On Error statements for runtime
problems, by I do not know if it is possible to trap normal Excel
alerts referring to such things as saving files.

<<After improving my application the display alerts must stay false,
so i don't get any messages from excel.

If you do not reset DisplayAlerts = True then it will stay False.
Excel does not change it back automatically. I must say that I
consider this "dangerous" practice as we can easily overwrite files or
forget to save work. If someone else uses your macro they could, quite
rightly, be very annoyed.

Regards
BrianB