Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calenders in Excel?

Hi,

Does Excel have any sort of calender function? I am
attempting to design a project planning tool and trying to
show what stages of a project should be done and by what
date.
What I would like is for the user to enter a start date
and end date and then for the period of these two dates to
be shown on some standard looking calender (maybe up to
three years in the future).
Sounds like a manual job. Is it?

Thanks on advance for your help

Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,
I believe that what you are asking for is not so much a "calendar", but
perhaps a Gantt Chart view?
This would be a layout of columns representing each month over a period of,
perhaps, a couple of years.

If this is the case, then:
1. I have seen it done where, based on a couple of dates, a bar is stretched
across the spreadsheet. (I am not sure if there is any activeX type control
which you could access)
2. You might want to do a google search on Gantt chart / project scheduling
apps in excel, I beleive there are a number out there
3. There are also a number of relatively simple, relatively cheap project
scheduling apps. A simple solution would be Microsoft Project, which I
beleive is (or was) bundled into MS Office Professional - although I could
be corrected on this one.

Hope this points you in the right direction

Alex@JPCS