Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subscript out of range error

I have a VB 6.0 Application (with SP-5.0) and MS-Excel 97 SR-2, which
works fine in Windows NT.
Recently our platform has been migrated from Windows NT to Windows XP. As
part of this migration our MS-Excel version has also changed from MS-Excel
97 SR-2 to MS-Excel 2002 SP-2.

Unfortunately, ever since these changes were incorporated, our working VB
code produces the "Runtime error 9 - Subscript out of range" error. This
error is seen to occur whenever the VB Application attempts to sort any
table in the Excel sheet generated by our VB Application (works fine for
normal reading and writing of/to the Excel sheet, the only problem is during
sorting). It is clear to me that although such an error would initially seem
to be generated due to a coding error, it is clear that this is not the case
since the code worked fine with the earlier Excel version.

The only required change that I felt necessary to do due to the change in
Excel version was to associated "Microsoft Excel Object Library 10.0" with
the VB build instead of the earlier "Microsoft Object Library 8.0" used with
MS-Excel 97.

I would like to know of any other configuration issues that are needed to be
taken care of inorder to make our perfectly working VB Program interact as
expected with MS-Excel 2002. Or is there any other Excel version customized
for Windows XP?

TIA,
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming