Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stopping Excel from converting copied text data!

Hi Rob,

I thought this might do the trick, but it didn't seem to
work. I may have done something wrong.

First, I clicked the upper left cell border, to select
all cells, and right clicked to format the cells
to "text". I then pasted the HTML from the clipboard
into the worksheet.

Unfortunately, the darn cells still covert to dates! I'm
assuming the pasting of the HTML overrides my formatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Russell,

It sounds like you did what I suggested. Strange that it doesn't work. I
think it's an example of Excel being too smart for its own good and trying
to interpret the HTML on the clipboard rather than follow the cell format.
After playing around with this a bit, the only solution I can see is to do a
Paste Special/Text instead of a full Paste onto the worksheet.
Unfortunately, you'll lose most of the layout, so this might make the job of
parsing out the data you need more difficult.

--

.