Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exception Error? What is it?

It means a hard untrappable error has occurred and processing can not
continue. Beyond that, it is similar to a general protection fault - no
real information conveyed on what has happened. That has been my
experience.

Tom Ogilvy

Julian Milano wrote in message
I placed an awful lot of text in a textbox on a userform. The userform is
heavily populated with controls and internal code.

I got the error "Exception Occurred" after pasting the text in the textbox
and tabbing to the next control. The dialog title says "MS Forms and it

has
one OK button.

What does it mean or what is it trying to say to me?

XL2002, WinXP SP2.

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,

It looks to me like there are too many controlls on this userform. It
contains a 14 page multipage controls, where each page prob has about 30
labels, 30 textboxes/combos. Then you've got the 4389 lines of VBA code in
the userform!!

I think I'll have to split the userform up into three parts to fix this
problem.

--

Julian Milano

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If you are using .Net or linked in with something from the .Net arena,

then
perhaps this is just an unhandled error:

HOW TO: Catch Exceptions in Visual Basic .NET

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julian...

The number of controls wont/shouldnt be the bottleneck
(increase userform.drawbuffer should solve that..)

but 4.4K lines of code that's stretching vba/excel

how the h*ll did you do that?
ever heard of subclassing?

keepITcool

"Julian Milano" wrote:

Thanks Tom,

It looks to me like there are too many controlls on this userform. It
contains a 14 page multipage controls, where each page prob has about
30 labels, 30 textboxes/combos. Then you've got the 4389 lines of VBA
code in the userform!!

I think I'll have to split the userform up into three parts to fix
this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You won't believe this, KeepItCool. I actually removed quite a few lines
already by creating a Class routine that handled the textbox's data input
functions.

But there's so much processing going on in the userform- that's why there's
so much code. I agree with you, it's stretching VBA to the limits.

PS. It's not my code!! LoL I'm the one left to FIX it.....CYA

--

Julian Milano