Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Concatentate a formula with a variable sheet name.

Hi,

I am trying to change the link in worksheet formulas that are copied from one sheet to another by creating the formulas with the sheet name as a variable.

In "sheet2" is the formula:

="="&"'"&J1&"'"&"!"&"a1+10"

Cell J1 is the name of another sheet (i.e. Sheet1)

The formula results in:

='Sheet1'!a1+10

The results are as I expected, however it is text and not a formula. How do I get the results to act as a formula.

Don Pistulka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Does this do it

=INDIRECT("'"&J1&"'!a1")+10

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don Pistulka" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am trying to change the link in worksheet formulas that are copied from one sheet to another by creating the formulas with the sheet name as a variable.

In "sheet2" is the formula:

="="&"'"&J1&"'"&"!"&"a1+10"

Cell J1 is the name of another sheet (i.e. Sheet1)

The formula results in:

='Sheet1'!a1+10

The results are as I expected, however it is text and not a formula. How do I get the results to act as a formula.

Don Pistulka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

That's It.