Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Payroll data

Hi Reena,
Hard to tell what you actually have in Excel, but since it is your
problem, please take a look at
Snake columns
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
and see if you can solve your problem, yourself.

If not then then indicate what cells are populated,
my guess would be A1, B1, A2, B3

On another sheet
A1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-3,0)
B1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-3,1)
C1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-2,0)
D1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-2,1)
E1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-1,0)
F1: =OFFSET(Sheet17!$A$1,ROW()*3-1,1)

then use the fill handle and copy down, results like this

A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3
A4 B4 B4 B4 B4 A4
A7 B7 B7 B7 B7 A7
A10 B10 B10 B10 B10 B10
A13 B13 B13 B13 B13 A13
A16 B16 B16 B16 B16 A16

Then select the sheet and copy Ctrl+C
Edit, paste special, Values

Eliminate the unwanted column which I think is E, if it
is empty.
---
HTH,

"reena" wrote in message ...
hi guys

I have payroll data exported to excel. data format is
as follows

Emploree Numnber Employee Name

Basic salary

deductions

Net Amount Paid "1000"

I want to get this in a tabular format.i.e employee number
and net amount paid in one row

How can i do it
any Help greatly appreciated

Thanks