Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default printing to a PDF file

How can I code a line in the VBA to first delete a sheet, and then (with 1
sheet remaining) print to a PDF file automatically by passing the arguments
of the name and path that the PDF is supposed to have? Please help.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00053.htm is for Distiller. You should be
able to change the driver code to PDFMaker.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Tom S" wrote in message
I looked here, but am I supposed to create an .INI file or am I to replace
one that is already there? If I'm to replace one that is already there, I
may have a problem since I can't find that file. Also, I am using windows
2000 pro, not WIN 98, so should this file go in the WINNT folder and then

in
system?
Thanks.

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
Tom

Try here

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...SFTNGP10. phx.
gbl

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Tom S" wrote in message
Sorry about that, I'm using PDFWriter (part of Acrobat 4.0). But I

can't
figure out the syntax in VBA to print the sheet and automatically save

it
without prompting the user.

"Richard Choate" wrote in message
How to expect to convert the new data to pdf? Are you using a pdf

driver?
The pdf driver should allow you to create the pdf and overwrite the
existing
one, if there is an existing one.
--
RMC

"Tom S" wrote in message
How can I code a line in the VBA to first delete a sheet, and then

(with
1
sheet remaining) print to a PDF file automatically by passing the
arguments
of the name and path that the PDF is supposed to have? Please help.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom

All good questions. The best advice I can give is to try it and see if it
works. I don't have Win2000 here so I can't try it. When you create the
ini, make sure the first line is

[Acrobat PDFWriter]

I tried changing some preferences in Acrobat to see if it would change the
ini, but it didn't. I was thinking that maybe if you changed a preference
it would create the file and then you wouldn't have to guess where to put
it.

Also, make sure you've searched your whole hard drive for the file.

If none of that works, you might post to a Win2000 newsgroup and ask if
someone with Acrobat 4.0 can search for the file and tell you where it goes.

--

"Tom S" wrote in message
How can I code a line in the VBA to first delete a sheet, and then

(with
1
sheet remaining) print to a PDF file automatically by passing the
arguments
of the name and path that the PDF is supposed to have? Please help.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi Tom,
In the VBA editor, do toolsreferences. Check "Acrobat Distiller" or
"PDFMaker" depending on which you end up using.
This enables the library so VBA can find the methods, objects, properties.

After checking it, open the object browser and you will see the Acrobat
stuff.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Tom S" wrote in message
This looks like it will work for what I need, but I don't know what it

means
by 'make a reference to Acrobat Distiller'.