Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum of Totals from a large amount of Info + colour presentation

Another suggestion:
Your data sample doesn't indicate how your data is "split to months"

You can get totals for your data by sorting it by date, then select a cell
in the data and do Data=Subtotals and follow the wizard.

this will allow you to collapse your data so only summary information is
visible. It won't color the rows, but you can apply conditional formatting
to the data, keying on the word total in a particular column (however, with
the collapsed date, you might not need to).

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"noelboland" wrote in message
Dear All,

I had a problem where we down loaded a hugh amount of sales info relating

a customer, from as400 into Excel.

The problem was different products were all sorted and split to months,

and
I need to extract the totals from a 7000 line spreadsheet.

Whilst trying to do this task our sales manager said it would also be very
useful if as well as sorting the data, we could also highlight the total

in
a different colour.

Help please.

info looks like