Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default subset of numbers

Hi Marilyn,
Why not sum the numbers in the range that satisfy the condition and divide
by the count of them? Use =
sumif(lag_routine_final,"<3")/countif(lag_routine_final,"<3")
If you want to avoid ugly error when there are no values less than 3:=
if(countif(lag_routine_final,"<3")0,sumif(lag_rou tine_final,"<3")/countif(l
ag_routine_final,"<3"),"none")

Hope I read the problem correctly.
Best wishes
Bernard

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I have an array set up with a column of "days" in it. I
want a subset of those numbers for any days that are less
than 3. The array is called, "lag_routine_final", so I
used countif(lag_routine_final,"<3") which will give me
the count, but I need the acutal numbers in a subset so
that I can average them. How can I do that?
Thank You!
Marilyn.