Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I get the time-zone info of a user?

Is there an easy way to find out the user's timezone using XL VBA?

I want to be able to send dates back to a central processing unit from each
user, and with the timezone info for each, "convert" the dates (from each
user) wrt a specific point of reference (GMT?) for comparison in a report.

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Julian

This requires some Windows API coding (so we're assuming the user uses Windows of some sort). Chip Pearson has this at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/timezone.htm

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Julian Milano" skrev i melding ...
Is there an easy way to find out the user's timezone using XL VBA?

I want to be able to send dates back to a central processing unit from each
user, and with the timezone info for each, "convert" the dates (from each
user) wrt a specific point of reference (GMT?) for comparison in a report.

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Julian:

There is no *easy* way.

A not-so-easy way is described by Chip Pearson at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/timezone.htm

Regards,

Vasant.