Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default make appointment in outlook and send email reminder - all data in excel 2000

Greetings,

I'm using excel 2000 and outlook 2000, my email address is in F2.
Can I get outlook to send me an email reminder?

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim olApt As AppointmentItem

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
Set olApt = olApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

With olApt
.Start = Range("A2")
.End = Range("B2")
.Subject = Range("C2")
.Location = Range("D2")
.Body = Range("E2")
.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 120
.ReminderSet = True
.Save
End With

Set olApt = Nothing
Set olApp = Nothing

DL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DL

You can create an email - http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olSending.htm -
then make use of the DeferredDeliveryTime property of the MailItem object to
hold the message in your Outbox until your ready to send. Something like

olMi.DeferredDeliveryTime = olApt.Start -
(olApt.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart/24/60)

Untested, but should work.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel