Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My workbook doesn't works on no other PC exept mine....

"faustino Dina" wrote in message
I created a function in a .xla file. I call this function from a cell in
.xls without any problem.
Then I go to another machine. I register the .xla on this machine. Then

when
I load the .xls file created on the first PC, Excel says that the links

are
incorrect. Because of that I cant' deploy the solution through my
organization 'cause it is almost impossible go PC by PC reconfiguring the
links... What can I do?

You cant succesfully register an xla file, the workbook remembers
where the xla file waslocated and looks in the last place
it loaded it from, if you move the file to another directory
or drive it wont find it

To set the reference go into the VBA editor, select ToolsReferences
and browse for the .xla file, its also possible to set the
reference programmtically

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,
I created some VBA functions and packed them inside the FortiaExcel.xla file
that is registered in my PC in the path:
C:\Documents and Settings\fdina.MATUSA.000\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\FortiaExcel.xla
In the Test.xls document, in the cell C4 I call the function
=fcGetExiAct(A4,B4). It works great.
Then on a second PC I first register the FortiaExcel.xla. This PC is Windows
98 then the FortiaExcel.xla goes into the path
C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Complementos\FortiaExcel.xla (spanish
version)
When I open the Test.xls document, it reports some links are broken. I don't
restore the links. When I inspect the definition for the cell C4 the content
is the following:
='C:\Documents and Settings\fdina.MATUSA.000\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\FortiaExcel.xla'!fcGetExiAct (A4,B4)
i.e. it remembered the full path that has the FortiaExcel.xla on my PC! It
is no wise enought to consider the path of the FortiaExcel.xla that I
registered in this PC. I'm missing something. But what?

Thanks
Faustino