Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel link to access

I am trying to link an excel file to an access database.
Because of data type issues, I had to save my .xls file as
a .csv file. When I do this, I can link Access to the data
in the .csv file fine. The only problem is I really want
to keep the data as an .xls file. I keep getting this
#null error in my data when I link to the .xls file. I
have tried the transferspreadsheet method but it really
doesn't deal with data types. Any ideas how I can link to
the .xls file while keeping my data intact?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Marcus Maginniss" wrote in message
I am trying to link an excel file to an access database.

OK...

Because of data type issues, I had to save my .xls file as
a .csv file.

What issues?

When I do this, I can link Access to the data
in the .csv file fine. The only problem is I really want
to keep the data as an .xls file. I keep getting this
#null error in my data when I link to the .xls file. I
have tried the transferspreadsheet method but it really
doesn't deal with data types.

What is the problem you are encountering?

Any ideas how I can link to
the .xls file while keeping my data intact?

Can't you just link to the excel file from Access?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am no expert in fact I am very much a novice. What I have done in the
past is: if you right click in the the window that shows your tables,
queries ect... select the link tables... Then navigate to your file and
select it. It will walk you through the process.
macamarr