Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveAs problem

Okay, that didn't work. In addition to changing the file type, I want
to change the location of the file.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Dim sName as String
sName = Thisworkbook.Name
sName = left(sName,len(sName)-4)
Thisworkbook.SaveAs sName & ".xls", xlWorkbookNormal

Tom Ogilvy

"Jessi" wrote in message
om...
I'm working with a bunch of different files. I want to save the file
once the macro is run, but I want it to save with the same file name,
but a different file type. The files start out as .csv files and I
want them to be regular excel files.

The problem I have it getting it to keep the same file name.

Thanks!

Jessi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you! It's works now. :]