Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please help with this formula

Hi! I am trying to make a scheduling template for work
and am running into some troubles. I have the formula to
calculate the hours worked, but need to modify it so that
if a person is scheduled more than 6 hours, it
automatically takes out a 30 minute break. Here is the
formula that I have:=IF((OR(B12="",B11="")),0,IF
((B12<B11),((B12-B11)*24)+24,(B12-B11)*24))

If it is also possible, I would like to be able to type
in the scheduled hours as being non-military time. Can
someone please help me? Please email me back at
. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joey,

How about
=IF(MAX((B12-B11),(B11-B12))TIME(6,0,0),MAX((B12-B11),(B11-B12))-TIME(0,30,
0),MAX((B12-B11),(B11-B12)))

If you want to enter time non-military, you need to append AM or PM , like 8
AM or 7:15 AM (note the space)

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Joey Mattingly" wrote in message
Hi! I am trying to make a scheduling template for work
and am running into some troubles. I have the formula to
calculate the hours worked, but need to modify it so that
if a person is scheduled more than 6 hours, it
automatically takes out a 30 minute break. Here is the
formula that I have:=IF((OR(B12="",B11="")),0,IF
((B12<B11),((B12-B11)*24)+24,(B12-B11)*24))

If it is also possible, I would like to be able to type
in the scheduled hours as being non-military time. Can
someone please help me? Please email me back at
. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That doesn't work either. Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place?
Does it need to go at the end, and if so, how do I conncect it to the
other formula since its all in the same cell? Also, I don't understand
what you mean by that I need to append the AM or PM??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joey,

These are the pieces:
Time = B12 - B11
If B12 < B11
Time = B12 - B11 + 12
Now
If Time 6
Time = Time - 0.5

No AM or PM required. Time entries must be in decimal formate
15 minutes = 0.25, 30 minutes = 0.5, 45 minutes = 0.75

Examples
B11 B12 Time
9.00 12.00 3.0
9.00 1.00 4.0 (-8.0 + 12)

Now just string it all together in a big If statement. Personally, I
prefer to put it into a macro so that all the pieces are easily
laid out.

steve