Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating separate sheets from a list

I have a list of transactions. I need to break this list
down by Source. Each source is a new worksheet. However,
these sheets will be in a new workbook. What is the best
way to program this?

Sample List:

Company Source Transaction
123 MAD 60,000
456 MAD 80,000
789 MAD 62,500
123 TRS 45,500
234 XYZ 12,500
456 XYZ 10,000
789 XYZ 50,000

Based on the above list, the new workbook should have 3
sheets with the corresponding sheet names: MAD, TRS and
XYZ.

thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I'd start off by creating a new workbook. Then work down the Source
column. For the first source, and each change in source, I'd add a new
sheet with the heading and copy over that row's data. This assumes the data
is sorted by source. If it's not, I'd add a step to sort it if possible.

Once you get going, if you have any problems, post your code and ask for
help with specific issues.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

LC,

If I get what you mean, you have a list as per sample in one workbook
(SOURCE), on sheet SAMPLE, and you want to create a macro to
open a new blank workbook (DESTINATION)
go to the first sheet
rename it to the current source (MAD)
copy the header row from SAMPLE to row 1 in MAD
copy the current row from SAMPLE to the next row in MAD
Move to the next row in SAMPLE
Test if the source for this row is the same as previous row
if so loop to "copy the current row..."
if not,
is there another sheet in DESTINATION
If so go to the next sheet in DESTINATION
if not insert a new sheet
loop to "rename it to the current source" (now TRS)

Welcome to pseudo code

Some of the statements your are going to need are If THEN, DO LOOP,
activesheet.name, activecell.offset, selection.entirerow.copy

What you are trying to achieve is achievable, and will take a little work.
Keep plugging away at the logic, and when you are stuck, repost

Good Luck

Steve