Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default get rid of tabs strip

I'm trying to get rid of the little strip at the bottom
of the workbook - you know, the one that allows you to
tab through the worksheets? I want it gone and I must
not be using the right lingo because I can't find
anything on it!

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Erin,

you can try the following code:

ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True

Or you can do it from the menu:

Tools -- options -- view -- sheet tabs

HTH

Steven

I'm trying to get rid of the little strip at the bottom
of the workbook - you know, the one that allows you to
tab through the worksheets? I want it gone and I must
not be using the right lingo because I can't find
anything on it!

Any ideas?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Toolsoptions in the menubar
see the View Tab there you find "Sheets Tabs"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Erin" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to get rid of the little strip at the bottom
of the workbook - you know, the one that allows you to
tab through the worksheets? I want it gone and I must
not be using the right lingo because I can't find
anything on it!

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Erin,

You can turn them off if you go to <tools <options then
click the <view tab and clear the <sheet tabs check box
HTH...

I'm trying to get rid of the little strip at the bottom
of the workbook - you know, the one that allows you to
tab through the worksheets? I want it gone and I must
not be using the right lingo because I can't find
anything on it!

Any ideas?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Erin

Try the following in a VBA module:
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
End With

The line .DisplayWorkbookTabs = False will hide your
tabs. It should be evident what the other .Display...
lines do as well. To reverse the process, set each of
the lines to True.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew