Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text Function - Custom Format ( Re-posted from Misc still looking for answer )

I don't know if this helps, but I took your example
and ran a few variations to actual. the results were like

-16% /-17%
01% /00%
12% /11%

I filled the whole column green and selected the column
and conditional formatted

condition 1
formula is
=FIND("-",G44,1)
color = red

condition 1
formula is
=FIND("00",G44,1)
color = none

all decreases were shown as red, increases green and no
changes as white.

Lance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry the =FIND("00",G44,1) should be in condition 2

condition 2
formula is
=FIND("00",G44,1)
color = none