Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too many different format cells

Dear Folks,
There is something i have been met first time in my carrier, which is not
big, and it is very strange.
That it looks like....

I have had two workbooks and i create a third one by copying some sheets
from each book. Yesterday i tried to copy another one sheet to my workbook,
but the copied sheet lost its format and the program crashed. So when i
reopen the excel the workbook worked quite good except the sheet which has
lost its. format. When i tried to change the size of a word it shows me that
message " Too many different format cells". and i couldn't made any
different.

Does anyone nows what it could be? Have you see this message again?

Thanks in advanced
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See answer in Functions

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Trellos" wrote in message ...
Dear Folks,
There is something i have been met first time in my carrier, which is not
big, and it is very strange.
That it looks like....

I have had two workbooks and i create a third one by copying some sheets
from each book. Yesterday i tried to copy another one sheet to my workbook,
but the copied sheet lost its format and the program crashed. So when i
reopen the excel the workbook worked quite good except the sheet which has
lost its. format. When i tried to change the size of a word it shows me that
message " Too many different format cells". and i couldn't made any
different.

Does anyone nows what it could be? Have you see this message again?

Thanks in advanced
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a limit of c. 4000 cell formats (combinations of font, style,
font color, interior color, borders, border color and ??) in Excel.
When you hit it, you'll have to clear out some formats before you can
add more. Note that you won't recover any cell format space until you
close and reopen your workbook after deleting formatted cells.

How is this documented? Poorly.

Dave