Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why does text in posts re-format?

Sorry, nothing to do with XL but it seemed as good a place as any to ask.
Why do posts get reformatted such that text typed without line breaks seems
to have arbitrary line breaks inserted? Am I doing something wrong and is
there a way of preventing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Harald, I'll try changing it. You're right, I do use Outlook
Express - I should have mentioned it.

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi Rob

In Outlook Express (which I belive you use), menu Tools Options Send

News Plain
text format (whew), there's a setting "Automatically wrap text at XX

characters when
sending". There's no "Off mode" to that one as far as I can find. Hope I'm

wrong. Some of
us set XX to be quite high or max so that posted VBA code won't get

unwanted line breaks
and will copy-paste errorless into modules. But it makes all other writing

ugly as a side
effect.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Rob Rutherford" wrote in message
Sorry, nothing to do with XL but it seemed as good a place as any to

ask.
Why do posts get reformatted such that text typed without line breaks

seems
to have arbitrary line breaks inserted? Am I doing something wrong and

is
there a way of preventing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just experimenting. Not sure which I prefer. I'm typing this one with line breaks and the
max setting so I hope it will format as I intendddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddddddddd.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Before you get yelled at, there is a microsoft.test newsgroup to make it easier
to, er, test.

One of the things I like about netscape messenger is that there is a little
notch at the top of the compose window at my line length. I can see when it's
going to wrap.

We're switching to Outlook (not OE) at work. It doesn't have that little
notch. My signature now includes a line like this:

----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|

So I can see where it's going to wrap. (I like plain text for everything.)

If it's important to not let it break automatically, I'll add my own line
breaks.

Rob Rutherford wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

old posts Eric New Users to Excel 5 August 5th 09 02:19 AM
Need help with converting CUSTOM format/TEXT format to DATE format Deo Cleto Excel Worksheet Functions 6 June 2nd 09 08:14 PM
Unable to read own posts or replied Posts Killer Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 June 6th 07 10:23 PM
Posts Mike Rogers[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 6th 07 04:21 PM
how to format excel format to text format with separator "|" in s. azlan New Users to Excel 1 January 31st 05 12:57 PM