Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBa, Password protected sheet fails to get unprotected with the same password

Hi all,

I've been looking into the newsgroups but couldn't find a similar
post.
Here's the problem. I've got two routines. One to protect a bunch of
sheets and one to unprotect these with the same password. The password
is hardcoded and doesn't change (see code hereunder). My OS = W2K,
office 2K (both UK-versions).

The answer the error object returns: "The password you supplied is not
correct. Verify that the CAPS LOCK key is off and be sure to use the
correct capitalization."

_________

Sub Unprotect_Projects()

Dim intLoop As Integer
Dim strSheet As String
Dim objWorksheets As Worksheet

On Error GoTo HeHe

strSheet = ActiveSheet.Name

For intLoop = 1 To 500

Set objWorksheets = Sheets(intLoop)
If Val(objWorksheets.Name) 0 Then
objWorksheets.Select
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = True Then
ActiveCell.Select
' Call ActiveSheet.Unprotect("hans")
ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="hans"
Else
Debug.Print "Werkblad " & objWorksheets.Name
End If
Else
Debug.Print "Naam werkblad " & intLoop & " niet numeriek "
End If
Next

HeHe:
'Klaar
Debug.Print Error(Err.Number)
Select Case Err.Number
Case 9
Debug.Print "Voorbij het laatste werkblad."
Case otherwise
Debug.Print "Onbekende fout: " & Err.Number
End Select

Debug.Print MsgBox("Laatste rekenblad is: [" & objWorksheets.Name
& "]")
Worksheets(strSheet).Activate

End Sub

Sub Protect_Projects()

Dim intLoop As Integer
Dim strSheet As String

On Error GoTo HeHe

strSheet = ActiveSheet.Name

For intLoop = 1 To 500

Set objWorksheets = Sheets(intLoop)
If Val(objWorksheets.Name) 0 Then
objWorksheets.Select
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
ActiveSheet.Protect password = "hans",
DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Next

HeHe:
'Klaar

Worksheets(strSheet).Activate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try changing the password protection line like this:

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="hans"

under Protect_Projects

Abdul Salam

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your advice, this seem to work. In Protect_Projects" i
changed:
- Password = "hans" into
- password:="hans"

And this works now with a new worksheet. There's just one problem left
behind: what did excel do with the old password? I've got a worksheet
that has been protected with this password-routine, but with the code
written in the first manner. I'm now trying all kinds of
password-phrases but am not succesfull...

Help would be very appreciated.

Regards, Hans.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got it!!