Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform Textbox in Password Validation

Hi, everyone -

I'm in the middle of a large project in the form of developing a
Timesheet for my organization. With a help of a lot of people here, I
think a lot of the work and formatting is done.

The timesheet itself is based on a large table using VLookup with
table column for employee number, employee name,..... and timesheet
password. I have created a number of userforms and command buttons to
perform several taskings.

The problem I'm having now is to enable the timesheet to be validated
& sent electronically instead of printing it out and passing it around
(paperless process). I have a userform that now includes a textbox
(for the employee to enter their individual timesheet password), a
command button (to valodate the employee's password), a command button
(to save the worksheet) and a third command button (to close the
userform). The second and third buttons have already been coded. What
I'm looking for is assistance in how to develop code to validate the
employee's password - the password typed in the textbox.

I'm thinking of, maybe, using IF statements in the code to compare the
VLookup table's Cell A1 (which indicate employee number) and the
column including individual passwords. Would this be the easiest way
to do it?

The last issue would be, once the employee's password is validated, to
have the employee's name populate the "Employee's Signature" cell in
the timesheet itself - make it look fancy by script font,.....

Can anyone help me out on my "final" problems with my project?

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Golf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Golf,

You're already using a UserForm (which makes things easier).
You can set up a "VeryHidden" sheet with the names and passwords
and test for them with the UserForm.
You mentioned "large organization"???
Does everyone have a unique Application.Username??
That would be the easiest way to go.

employee's name populate the "Employee's Signature" cell in
the timesheet itself - make it look fancy by script font

From the same vlookup that you'll need to validate the password..
Shouldn't be a problem at all.

John

golf4 wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, John -

Thanks for the response - I really appreciate it.

I wonder if it would be possible for me to e-mail you a copy of my
project so you can take a look at it? My organization isn't real big -
about 28 employees would be using the timesheet. I would have to check
with our systems person, but I believe our Excel software is situated
on our LAN network so I don't believe I could use the
Application.Username option. I will check with our systems guru
though.

Ya know: after siting here for a while (exciting life here), I'm
thinking I have to try and repost my query. I'm looking for some code
that would: [1] look at Cell A1 in my VLookup table, [2] compare what
the employee types into the userform's textbox for a password to [3]
the password assigned to the employee on the VLookup table. If the
password types into the textbox matches the assigned password in the
VLookup table, the employee's name (from the same VLookup table) would
populate the EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE cell in the timesheet itself. If the
passwords don't match, a msgbox would appear saying so.

I hope I'm not asking too much of you, but again, I really appreciate
the help.

Thanks again.

Golf

John Wilson wrote in message ...
Golf,

You're already using a UserForm (which makes things easier).
You can set up a "VeryHidden" sheet with the names and passwords
and test for them with the UserForm.
You mentioned "large organization"???
Does everyone have a unique Application.Username??
That would be the easiest way to go.

employee's name populate the "Employee's Signature" cell in
the timesheet itself - make it look fancy by script font

From the same vlookup that you'll need to validate the password..
Shouldn't be a problem at all.

John

golf4 wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Golf,

You can send it directly to me and I'll take a look at it.

John

golf4 wrote:

[...]

From the same vlookup that you'll need to validate the password..
Shouldn't be a problem at all.