Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Live Stock Data in Excel

I have a live stock market feed running into excel via DDE and it
updates intraday prices and volumes in the nominated row as trades
take place

Market Price Volume Time

FTSE100 3325 16 11.52

What I need to do is as the value changes in the row which is when a
trade takes place it records it in the next empty row eventually
creating a database.

If anyone can find the time for an answer it would be greatly
appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this. It will insert a row after the active row if in col A
right click sheet tabview codeinsert thissave

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row).Insert

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
Granite Shoals, TX

"Trader" wrote in message
m...
I have a live stock market feed running into excel via DDE and it
updates intraday prices and volumes in the nominated row as trades
take place

Market Price Volume Time

FTSE100 3325 16 11.52

What I need to do is as the value changes in the row which is when a
trade takes place it records it in the next empty row eventually
creating a database.

If anyone can find the time for an answer it would be greatly
appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The solution Don gave you has a downside. That solution inserts rows all the
time instead of just moving down the column to the next empty cell. Aren't
you just wanting to find the empty cell and make that cell "active" before
the program pastes the new data there?
Richard Choate

"Don Guillett" wrote in message

try this. It will insert a row after the active row if in col A
right click sheet tabview codeinsert thissave

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row).Insert

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
Granite Shoals, TX

"Trader" wrote in message
m...
I have a live stock market feed running into excel via DDE and it
updates intraday prices and volumes in the nominated row as trades
take place

Market Price Volume Time

FTSE100 3325 16 11.52

What I need to do is as the value changes in the row which is when a
trade takes place it records it in the next empty row eventually
creating a database.

If anyone can find the time for an answer it would be greatly
appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Richard Choate" wrote in message ...
The main issue is that it is inserting rows instead of just going to the
next cell down. I've noticed, also, that the OP has been silent for some
time now, so it is possible that he is not "tuning in" any more to read
these replies.
Richard

"Don Pistulka" wrote in message

Assuming the data feed is into cell A1, a slight adjustment to Don
Guillett's code will cause the new row to be added only if new data comes
in:

If Target.Row < 1 Or Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target(1).Value = "" Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row).Insert
End Sub

I am still around just different Time frame here in Australia so my
hours are different to yours. I appreciate the posting and will check
out the code. Many thanks

Don Pistulka

"Richard Choate" wrote in message
The solution Don gave you has a downside. That solution inserts rows all

the
time instead of just moving down the column to the next empty cell. Aren't
you just wanting to find the empty cell and make that cell "active" before
the program pastes the new data there?
Richard Choate

"Don Guillett" wrote in message

try this. It will insert a row after the active row if in col A
right click sheet tabview codeinsert thissave

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row).Insert

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software