Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NumberFormat strings for Excel Cells

Does anyone have a list of the format strings for the
various number formats for Excel cells. I am using OLE
to export a spreadsheet to Excel and need to also export
the cell formats. I know how to format for date,
currency, general, and fixed point numbers. I need to
know what the format string is for scientific notation.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:44:17 -0700, "R. L. Alan Jordan"
wrote:

I need to
know what the format string is for scientific notation.

0.00E+00

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Format a cell as Scientific. Then go back to Format/Cells/Number and select Custom in the
Category list. You'll see the existing format in the Type box.

In the box below that, you see all the built-in formats plus custom formats defined by the user.
To distinguish the two, if the Delete button is dimmed when you select one, it's built-in.

If you open a new workbook (and there are no custom formats defined by an add-in or by
Personal.xls), there shouldn't be any user-defined formats in the list.