Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get data from another program to Excel

Hi!

Is it possible to copy data from another open program and paste it in
to an excel workbook.

I have a program called Rumba that has data that I would like to handle
in Excel. Its from column1 to column 52 and row 1 to 28.

Magnus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Magnus,

Copy and paste, does that not work?

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Magnus" wrote in message
Hi!

Is it possible to copy data from another open program and paste it in
to an excel workbook.

I have a program called Rumba that has data that I would like to handle
in Excel. Its from column1 to column 52 and row 1 to 28.

Magnus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Magnus,

I do this all the time. With the mouse - click and drag across the area you
want to copy. Use Ctrl + C to copy and than go to Excel and paste.

To make it easier. I use Ctrl + A in Rumba to capture the entire page.
Ctrl + C to copy. Ctrl + V to paste in Excel. Than delete the unwanted
rows.

steve

"Magnus" wrote in message
Hi!

Is it possible to copy data from another open program and paste it in
to an excel workbook.

I have a program called Rumba that has data that I would like to handle
in Excel. Its from column1 to column 52 and row 1 to 28.

Magnus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I recall correctly, Rumba has a print screen (or save screen) icon in its
toolbar. You can set that up to save to a text file.

In fact, you can set it up to append to that text file. (You do have to set
this up, though. We don't use rumba anymore and I don't recall what menubar
item it was under--I think File|Print screen or something under File????)

So show the screen, hit the Save Icon (I think!), change screens, save it.
(repeat as required).

Open the text file in notepad (just to verify you did it correctly).

Then you could use File|Open and get all the screens at once.

Magnus wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible to copy data from another open program and paste it in
to an excel workbook.

I have a program called Rumba that has data that I would like to handle
in Excel. Its from column1 to column 52 and row 1 to 28.

Magnus

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi!

Copy and paste, yes I know that it works and also to use the keyboard.
But I wanted a faster and easier way. Its about 200 person that works in the
excel document and they do the copying thing about 20 times a day. So if
its possible to do it faster and easier, it helps.

I wanted to have a button in excel that starts a macro that changes to the
rumba
screen and copies the screen, then goes back to excel and paste it.

Is this possible?
Sorry I didnt explain better in my first message.

Magnus