Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Customize the File Open Window

I am using Excel 2000.
Is there a way to customize the folders on the left? I
don't want history, my documents etc, instead I want to
put my own shortcuts.

Thanks
Toe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's a Places.exe COM addin that allows you to update the places list.

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download (Q253338)

Scroll about halfway down. Might be what you're looking for.

In xl2002, you can:
File|open
Browse to your favorite folder
Tools|Add to "My Places"

(I think that this was added in xl2002, but you may want to check.)

--

Dave Peterson