Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel and Dot Net

Hi Paul,

<<#1. Will existing VBA code from Office 2002/XP work without problems?

All of the code I've tested on the current beta version seems to run
just fine.

<<#2. Is VBA going away with the move of office to the .net framework?

Office isn't moving to the .NET framework in the 2003 version. I've
heard no indication about when such a change might take place. We haven't
received a completely unambiguous answer about how long support for VBA will
continue (probably because MS hasn't made a firm decision yet) but it will
be supported through at least the next two or three versions of Office.

<<#3. Are there differences between Office 2002/xp VBA and the new 2003
Beta VBA?

There have been no changes in the core VBA language since Office 2000.
There have been additions to the object models of the various programs to
support new features, but VBA interacts with the objects exposed by Office
just like it always has.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

It appears the new beta of Office 2003 can still use VBA.
#1. Will existing VBA code from Office 2002/XP work
without problems?
#2. Is VBA going away with the move of office
to the .net framework?
#3. Are there differences between Office 2002/xp VBA and
the new 2003 Beta VBA? If so, what?

Thank You,

Paul Vespo