Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms

Default How to create a ListBox with 'hyperlink'-like items in VBA ?

Hi all,

I'm busy programming a piece of code that does some text checking on an
Excel worksheet (MS Excel 2002 (xp)). It scans the complete worksheet and
then it should return all 'corrupt' cells in a listbox from which you can
easily jump to that cell by clicking the entry in the listbox.
I was a bit charmed by the new "Find All" dialog in Excel, it's that kind of
functionality i want.

I checked the controls on my system and none of them seems to have that
functionality.
Any suggestions ? Control to look for or programming a workaround would be
welcome.

Thanks,
JG

Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms

Neil,
My reference is now at 8.0 and when I try to change it to 9.0 I get a
message that the object or library is is use preventing the change.

How can I do this?

thanks...

steve

"Neil" wrote in message
Hello,

If you go into the Visual Basic section (alt+F11) and goto
Tools-References. Add Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library (or the highest
version available). You will be able to use properties and methods

available
in Excel. How are you validating your worksheet? When you press find all,
the following values are used to populate the listbox.

'Book' is the .Name property of the Workbook object (When in Excel VB can

be
accessed by ActiveWorkBook.Name)
'Sheet' is the .Name property of the Worksheet object (When in Excel VB

can
be accessed by ActiveSheet.Name)
'Cell' is the .Address property of the Range object (When in Excel VB can

be
accessed by ActiveCell.Address)
'Value' is the .Value property of the Range object (When in Excel VB can

be
accessed by ActiveCell.Value)

Obviously, when using Access it is a bit more complicated. If you show me
the code that you use to validate the spreadsheet I may be able to help

you
further. What I would do is log all this information into a table (when
checking) and display the table as the rowsource for the listbox.

Neil.

"Jürgen Germonpré" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms

Steve,

If you are already using objects in this Library then this is why you are
getting the error. Best thing to do would be to copy the database and remove
all code referencing anything in the Library. Then, change over the
reference and paste all code back in to the new database. It may work ok, i
don't know (I have 10.0 so not to sure what the previous versions include)
but you only need the basics to do this. 8.0 may be adequate to what you
want. Like I said, if I know how you are validating your spreadsheet then I
may be able to help with the Find All coding that you will need.

HTH,

Neil.