Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamically populating and formatting cells with Essbase members

1. It is a long time since I used Essbase, but I just had to put the
Essbase row/column headers in (or do a drill down to achieve this) and
Refresh when it retrieved all data. Subsequently all I had to do was
Refresh ('EssRefresh' or something like that ?)to get the new data. A
brilliant tool ... with limitations ....

2. My experience is that in no way should you format the row/colum
headers or raw data that comes from Essbase if you want to re-use the
sheet. I think because everything is text. Things seem to work alright
to begin with, but gradually in time the sheet corrupts and odd values
refuse to appear in the grid, needing to make a new sheet. Very
difficult to trace and correct. It is easy to hide the Essbase extract
columns and use cells to reference them in a formatted area elsewhere.

Regards
BrianB

Gerard Williams wrote in message ...
I am working with Excel in the front end and Essbase in the back end. I
currently use a MemberRetrieve command to pull in the members from a
specific dimension. I need to dynamically list these members everytime
I refresh the page with new data. The number of members can vary.
Would I use some kind of counter? Once these members are displayed in a
list in Excel, I then have to format the rows. Can you help with this?
Thanks!