Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
den den is offline

Default Unwanted MS Acccess Query in Excel spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet, in which there is a certain cell and if I enter a
value in that cell the spreadsheet trys to connect to a MS Access database.
I have removed every reference I can find to any MS Access query, but it
just keeps trying to update a MS Access query.

It refers to MS Access Query _ 4, I have looked all through my range name
references looking for this range name and it is not there. I have looked
through all my macros and VBA code in the spreadsheet and cannot find a
reference to a MS Access Query.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can find the cause of this. It is not
supposed to be trying to get to a MS Access database at all, so I do not
where the query came from. It only happens if one particular cell on one
particular worksheet is changed.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
den den is offline

Richard, thanks for the reply. I had already checked the EDIT/LINKS and
there is only one link listed and it is to another excel spreadsheet. The
other spreadsheet is a very simple list of data and contains no macros or
vba code.
I also right clicked on the cell that is giving me the problem and I do not
get an EDIT QUERY option. Which indicates the Access Query is not related
directly to the cell I am having a problem with. I believe the reference
is in another sheet somewhere but I can't find it.

I have search my whole VBA code listings for references to "query" and the
only query's there are to our SQL server, not to microsoft access.

Is there any easy way to find these DATA Queries. The EDIT QUERY trick only
works if you are in the cell that uses the query. That means going through
every cell in every sheet, looking for this thing.

Dennis

"Richard Choate" wrote in message
Have you tried EDITLINKS to see if there are any listed links? Or you

could
go to DATAIMPORT EXTERNAL DATA and then see if EDIT QUERY is an option.

If
EDIT QUERY is not greyed out, you could have a live query that is defined
for the page, which you could eliminate here.
Richard Choate